When life ain't pretty



I am certainly guilty of posting pictures of my lunch.  Indeed my lunch and various coffee breaks often feature over on my Instagram feed and have certainly spawned whole blog posts and accompanying photo shoots back in the day.

And they will again.

I still get such joy from making my lunch look pretty and taking the time to enjoy it.  In fact for me, blogging and Instagram and once upon a time Flickr, are all about appreciating life's perfect little moments, both my own and those of the people I follow.  I don't mind when reality creeps in but I really enjoy the beautiful posts.  They make me feel thankful, relaxed and zen like.  






I am sure anyone reading is much too wise to think that the writer's live is one long photogenic story of joy but that doesn't mean it's wrong to celebrate the good bits.





Today I am eating last nights cold, shop bought pizza.  With coleslaw and cherry tomatoes.  Well I guess the cherry tomatoes are pretty, but the rest of it not so much.

I am eating it at a desk adorned in chaos and contemplating the fact that the removal men arrive in a few days and somehow all of the stuff we have needs to move from here to there.  It seems insurmountable.  And it's been grey and wet for days.

So I'm going to show you some pretty pictures I took earlier....  When the evenings were warm and the light was golden.  As I look at them I can still remember the smell of the freshly harvested field and the sound of the birds in the sky.  

I feel a bit more Zen already.


Comments

Elizabeth said…
Ah, moving. Always fun and never photogenic! Are you still going to be in Sussex?
Anne smith said…
Oh good luck with the move. Sending good thoughts! X
Willow said…
Moving. On one hand, I love it. New places, new home, new adventures. On the other hand, I hate it. Goodbyes, upheaval, disorganization. May your move be uneventful :)
Anonymous said…
I hope the move goes well and that you get settled into the new place soon.
Unknown said…
Biz içtenlikle Hong Post in kỷ yếu giá rẻ
in phong bì giá rẻ şirket hisseleri ile ortaklık şirketler,công ty in giá rẻ şirketleri, kurumları mẫu thẻ nhân viên đẹp
In thẻ VIP giá rẻ ve işletmeler teşekkür ederiz. Firma biz daha da ileri bir profesyonel mau ky yeu dep
mau phong bi dep bir şekilde ve kalitede müşterilerine hizmet veren,báo giá in kẹp file
in giấy khen kendilerini yanı sıra giderek in bao li xi
in thiep chuc mung nam moi tam iddia için in catalogue fırsat var bu sayede.

Dial Web India said…
Nice blog, visit Dialwebindia for the best Website Designing Company in Delhi, India.
Website Designing Company in Delhi
Rewati said…
Digital marketing or online marketing as it is popularly known is a tool to carry on marketing for our product online.

Direct email marketing, search engine optimization and search engine marketing are few of the tools which come under this category. They are becoming more and more common in the online world. It is a very popular form of advertising,



Nice information, visit Sarswati Enterprises for Inspection Conveyor Belt System Manufacturers in Delhi and Cap Elevator Manufacturers in Delhi.
Inspection Conveyor Belt System Manufacturers in Delhi
Lalit Art Media said…
We Are Promoters of Hotels and Tourism
sanju said…
Such a good article and really amazing post.
I absolutely love this website! I just stumbled upon it, and I must say your content is incredibly helpful and well-written. I appreciate the effort you've put into creating such valuable resources. I do have a suggestion, though—I recommend delving into digital marketing strategies. It could significantly boost your website's growth and audience reach. Keep up the excellent work, and I'm looking forward to seeing your website flourish even more!"

Popular Posts