Something you can do in five minutes



Prepare the most excellent bread.

Artisan bread in fact.




Yes really.




I know I am possibly the last blogger on earth to write about this book, ARTISAN BREAD IN 5 MINUTES A DAY: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking but having just enjoyed this bread for lunch I was suddenly overcome with the need to share the joy.




Place flour, water, yeast and salt into a large container, mix. That's right, mix, not knead. It may even take less than 5 minutes if you are a really fast mixer. Leave to rise, refrigerate (for up to two weeks, but you will have eaten it all long before that). Tear off a portion when needed, dust, shape, leave a short while to prove and bake.



If you keep the dough in your fridge all the time you will never be far away from a rather fabulous loaf of bread and that is the sort of thing that can make one feel quite domestically smug and goddess like. And let me tell you, it really is fabulous, a perfect crisp crust, good open crumb and excellent well developed flavour.



I notice there is a UK version of the book available now too, Five Minute Bread: The revolutionary new baking method: no bread machine, no kneading!.

This is the sort of thing that gets you through half term with your sanity intact.

Comments

Mac n' Janet said…
I must find the book, the bread looks fabulous!
kristina said…
Oh your loaf looks divine. I've been meaning to try that recipe for ages... K x
Gina said…
That is the most amazing looking bread... can almost smell it!
kim said…
Oh, what a tease. It is just before lunchtime here at work, and that looks soooooo amazing! Now I want to buy yeast on the way home and make a loaf!
dottycookie said…
Oh, it is indeed fabulous. I saw the light about a year ago and I use the method most days - but I don't have a big enough fridge so I end up mixing it at teatime, proving the mix on the work surface for an hour or few and whacking it in the oven while I watch the 10 o'clock news, then it's ready for breakfast the next day. Yeehah!
Anonymous said…
Chocolate in the last post, bread in this one - please stop, I have to get inb my swimsuit at the start of May!!
Arianwen said…
OOOO yummy hiccups here I come! I having been thinking about your marshmellows all week I am sure it is about this time of year you whip up a batch. Anyway I am feeling inspired and have just printed out the recipe.
I've had that book kicking around for a while, I really must get on and actually try using it!
Fedulab said…
I love the smell of fresh baked bread
^__^
Fede/Fedulab
www.fedulab.blogspot.com
Robin said…
I'll add my praises for that book. Wonderful bread.
Your pictures are perfect!
Cyndi said…
I discovered the basic reciepe on the internet about 2 months ago and have had a bowl of this dough in my fridge ever since. My family loves it and I am anxious to get the book.
Anonymous said…
That does look good. We keep pizza dough in the fridge and use it for flat bread. It keeps about 3-4 days. Oddly enough we've never used it for pizza!
Gillie
Ali said…
I keep hearing about that book - must check it out.
Linda said…
That bread looks wonderful, I must look out for that book, it sounds so easy!
Terri(terdotty on rav) said…
The bread looks delicious. I am ashamed to say that I bought this book two years in Chicago and haven't opened it yet! Now I will - definitely after seeing your lovely loaf!
Place flour, water, yeast and salt into a large container, mix. That's right, mix, not knead. It may even take less than 5 minutes if you are a really fast mixer.
wholesale salwar suit ,
wholesale salwar kameez dealers ,

Popular Posts