Honey, I'm home....

one of those lines that remains ingrained in one's head forever in spite of only ever having watched the film once and a very long time ago at that.

Thank you all for your lovely holiday well wishes, I am sorry not to be replying individually but I have only just caught up on the washing, never mind all the blog reading.

Norfolk was wonderful. We stayed in a spacious barn (converted that is!) not far from the towns of Sheringham and Cromer and the weather was surprisingly accommodating. There was the odd shower and a rather fabulous thunderstorm but there was plenty of sunshine and warmth and we managed plenty of time outdoors every day. Eight children entertained each other happily and eight adults spent long evenings at the dinner table, eating, drinking, laughing. There were beach trips with something for everyone, sand, waves and miles of shingle full of treasure. All set below those big East Anglia skies.


There was shopping treasure too, with the discovery of the most marvellous vintage clothing shop in Holt. I was too slow for my companions, one of whom beat me to a splendid 1950s electric blue swimsuit and a green felted circular skirt featuring a full English hunting scene. I spent far too long lingering over a 1950's lizard skin handbag but was rewarded later in the week when The Technical Advisor presented me with the very same bag on my birthday.


So now the laundry monster is back under control and normal service can resume here on the blog. I have a backlog of projects to share, I feel as tho
ugh I am clearing the decks preparing for Autumn. Not that I have any wish to hurry the summer out of the door but our current dreadful summer weather means that already the evenings are dark a little earlier, the mornings cooler and my mind is turning towards September, looking forward to curling up with the new season's knitting books and getting excited about wool and tweed.



Comments

Popular Posts