On a Sunday

We went to Mersea.




It was Father's Day.  I've certainly been to more remote islands and dare I say, more beautiful ones.




But Mersea has merit.



 

It's a very short drive away and I do so love a causeway island, the thrill of driving along the narrow road as the water begins to rise.  The excitement of being cut off from the mainland.  Isolation so close to urbanity.  It's a wonderful feeling.




There are painted beach huts, the glitter and crunch of oyster shells galore and a the beach is dog friendly.




The highlight was stone skimming.




The Technical Advisor excelled himself and under his patient tutelage all three of us mastered the art.




We were mesmerised as the flat stones skipped across the water and for those few brief hours on Mersea we felt ourselves a thousand miles away.

Comments

silverpebble said…
I need to investigate this place! It looks too good to miss.
Cybèle said…
Have you been to Felixstowe, by Landguard Fort? Not the prettiest either, but it has something, and the first part is dog friendly too. We love spotting all the star fish.
Kai said…
Mersea looks lovely! I haven't skimmed stones in ages! Should've tried my and when we were in Denmark, by the sea... Next time.
driftwood said…
it's funny how sometimes not going far, and doing the simplest of things means we have the most relaxing times isn't it. looks like you had a very lovely day x
Dotty said…
It looks like a great day out- nothing beats the sea air for blowing away the cobwebs!
lovely - i am in south west france and the weather is beautiful but lovely to smell the sea coming straight in from your blog! thank you as ever!
Anonymous said…
That is somewhere that I have never been! I must try to recitfy that.
I love the way your daughter has dressed her hair.
rachel said…
And isn't that a lovely feeling to have after a day out?
Lovely, those beach huts are gorgeous. I love stone skimming too, it looks like a brilliant day out. - Annie
Anonymous said…
This design is wicked! You obviously know how to keep a reader entertained.

Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!)
Great job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.

Too cool!

my blog post ... myVEGAS Hack (https://www.facebook.com/myVEGASHack)

Popular Posts