Right now



I am up to my eyes in linen rabbit limbs, key fobs and and bookmarks. I feel quite panic stricken, so much work still ahead.

I need to centre.



Focus.

Prioritise.


So I left the chaos of my studio, snapped shut my To Do List and did some baking. Calm was restored for a short while, baking may well be Yoga for my mind.




I made biscotti. The same way I always make them.




Chocolate & almond, a hint of orange zest. And when I dunk them in my morning coffee I will think of Not So Granny who made me laugh out loud with her comment on the To Dunk post - "This is going to make me sound frightfully middle class but I only dunk biscotti in latte".

Comments

blue hands said…
How interesting that you find baking so calming. I really enjoy baking, but the mess I make and the chaos in the kitchen afterwards are far from soothing!
Baking calms me too. Your biscotti look lovely.
walter and me said…
Scrumptious! I find baking very calming too. Please share your go-to biscotti recipe!
Bee said…
Apparently, what unites your followers is baking as a zen practice. (It might be the eating of the baked goods, though; we could be drawing the wrong conclusion here.) I had an almost desperate desire to make fruitcake yesterday. I was stopped only by my lack of the necessary ingredients. Biscotti sounds awfully good, too, though.
Not So Granny said…
Ha Ha! As I was reading the post I wondered if I'd subconsciously reminded you of the loveliness of biscotti, didn't think I'd be the inspiration.
Enjoy your posh dunking!
x
driftwood said…
baking yoga. truly brilliant.
I've never made biscotti. I really want to know I've seen yours xxx
Anonymous said…
Aren't they the ones that break your teeth? I have to avoid those, even if dunked.
I thought they should be dunked in espresso ?
Whatever ... they look wonderful and must have made your kitchen smell heavenly .
Patternista said…
Hi Rebecca, its Rebecca! (Becky). I love your photography and blog. I might have to try some baking too... I get so frazzled that I cannot think... I'm on waiting list for Woodbridge, so here's hoping. See you soon.. maybe at Snape? x

Popular Posts