"Waiter Waiter, there's a spider in my soup"


If you look very closely you can just make out the children's new best friend, a spider named Dynamo. I'm so glad that all my positive reinforcement has paid off and I have children who are not afraid of spiders and other creepy crawlies. This has made for much self sacrifice on my part, letting a snail crawl over my hand just to show it isn't "scary" is not my favourite thing but I'm pleased it has worked. Now I must think of a way to discourage this insistence on adopting every insect that passes through the home. I was especially freaked out when we had mice in the airing cupboard and there was much talk of their becoming part of the family but more about those particular visitors another time. Sadly they had been playing with Dynamo for about an hour before I actually paid proper attention and realized it was not a little lego man or an imaginary playmate, I think it may be too late for Dynamo and kindness may have been the death of him, but the children firmly believe his last half hour of life riding on a remote control dumper truck, was a fantastic experience.

Comments

Popular Posts