Wool Glorious Wool

We are lucky enough to have these ladies and their babes residing in the field behind our house and it is surprising just how much time we all spend gazing out the window watching the antics of the lambs. My husband recently commented on this and wondered why such playful, mischievous and lovable creatures grow up to be so, well, boring! As adults their minds lose all thoughts of play and become singlemindedly obsessed with grass, grass and more grass. When my husband looks out the window at our these ladies somewhere in the back of his mind are thoughts of roast potatoes and mint sauce. When the children look out they think, ahhhh, so cute. But, when I look out I think "wool, glorious wool". Their coats look so soft and fluffy, it sets my mind to dreaming.
And to accompany my woolly daydreams? Lemon drizzle cake, with extra lemon drizzle and a cup of Earl Grey enjoyed in what definately feels like Spring sunshine, finally. Perfectly lovely.

Maybe this sunshine will mean that I can begin to do something with all these seedlings which are rapidly taking over every window ledge in the house.

Comments

Alison said…
Just popping over from the Rowan board! I love your photographs, and your Clapotis is just beautiful. Shame about the yarn shortage! Did you decide what to do yet? Hmmm... "why such playful, mischievous and lovable creatures grow up to be so, well, boring! As adults their minds lose all thoughts of play and become singlemindedly obsessed with grass, grass and more grass". Shall we substitute 'humans' for 'sheep' and 'money' for 'grass'?? Hmmmm....
Johanne said…
If I had a garden like that I'd be taking lovely photo's too. You will be pleased to hear that son and I are off into the kitchen to see what we can cook up!! The drizzle cake had me dribbling. we've just finished a choccie brownie run and there are lots of lemons in the larder.... Love the blog.

Johanne (also from the Rowan discussion board)

P.S I have a thank you to give you. I was too cowardly to post my new blog until you did!!
Tami said…
I too came over from the Rowanette ring to check out your blog.

Such a lovely post. Don't mind me I am grabbing a cup of tea and sitting in you lawn looking out at the sheep and dreaming of wool.
Anonymous said…
What a view you have! I look at your photograph and pretend I am looking out over the lovely hilly landscape, dotted with sheep.
Are you in the country or on the edge of a town?
Unknown said…
Thanks Charlotte, we are appreciative of our view every day. We live in the North Wales countryside, about 7 miles from a town either way and have just
1 neighbour, it's very relaxing.

Popular Posts