Glad


Good Gracious, I don't know where the week is going. One family of four, one long weekend away equals seemingly endless piles of washing and anyone would think the house had a wild party while we were away, surely I didn't leave it in such a mess? The good news is the sun is shining which seems to elevate the mood of the entire household, I am feeling glad again. I picked up some gladioli with my shopping this week, I know they aren't very fashionable but I rather like their gangly arrogance, I gathered the last of the lilac from the garden to partner them and some lovely shiny ivy (although as I scrabbled about for the right bits to cut I couldn't help thinking of Carol's comments about the rats in her part of the world and their fondness for hiding in ivy, since reading that I always cut ivy with a dog at hand, I'm hoping they would soon alert me to the presence of any visitors lurking).

I was thrilled by all the lovely comments about Birch. My friend was delighted with her shawl and I'm so pleased I made it for her. She certainly deserves some spoiling at the moment with a two year old, 4 week old baby and enormous building works going on, not to mention a husband who works from home and we all know that has its good points and its very bad points. The baby is scrumptious and I had lots of cuddles, I'm planning more baby knits already.


I have another little finished object to share, a lacy scarf from the Debbie Bliss Silk book, knitted in Debbie Bliss. I love the colour and this yarn really gleams.



Comments

Kathleen said…
How did you find working with the Debbie Bliss silk? There are some beautiful colours I would love to try out in a few months, but I'd like to hear how a few people have found it first.
I was sure your friend the new mum would enjoy some pampering.
Thanks for the lovely comments about my shawl.
Anonymous said…
Whenever I see gladioli it reminds me of my husband visiting me in the hospital after the birth of our first daughter...he walked in with a huge bunch. It was like a bouquet on legs! Your parcel was posted yesterday. xx one-skein pal.
Anonymous said…
Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Popular Posts