Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Another year

Today I am one year older than I was yesterday. It doesn't matter how many years that makes me altogether as I decided a few birthdays ago that I would just stay at an age I liked and that seems to be working well for me.


My great treat was breakfast in bed. I loved sitting up in bed eating bacon sandwiches, strawberries and reading Brideshead Revisited, total decadence.

The rest of the day has been a little less glorious with rain and a rather smelly dog to be bathed but rain means the children and I can have a lazy afternoon watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (my choice as the birthday girl). This evening my husband is taking me to dinner, which is always a joy and I will feel very glamourous wearing my new birthday treat to myself - chicken fillets for my bra!! Oh yes, I know how to live it up.


Before I go I must show you this, sometimes fairies go scrumping for apples and sometimes they get stuck.....

10 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you're having a lovely time - enjoy your evening out with the hubby. I decided this year, that I like this age, and am going to stay here, too. Glad to know I'm not alone :0)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:05:00 pm  
Blogger caroline said...

Happy Birthday and many happy returns too! I hope you have a lovely evening out.

Poor scrumping fairy but she does makes it such a lovely picture.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 6:01:00 pm  
Anonymous Emma said...

*H*A*P*P*Y* *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y* !

I'm 46 and proud ! ;0)

Poor little fairy.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 6:36:00 pm  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Happy birthday! Hope you had a wonderful dinner to top off your day.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:35:00 pm  
Anonymous Hazel said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great time out with your hubby!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:57:00 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

Well, they say that age is just a state of mind.

Happy Birthday.

That photo of the scrumping fairy is delightful.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 9:03:00 pm  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!
That photo is wonderful, you must frame it.
A popular cheesy Hallowe'en decoration around here is a life-sized witch flying a broom, which you splay around a tree so that it looks like she crashed into it. Your little fairy reminded me of it.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:01:00 pm  
Anonymous victoria said...

Happy happy birthday! what a wonderful movie to watch on your birthday! sometimes its the simple things that make your days special rather than big blow out parties and all...a nice relaxing day is a fabulous gift worth having! Many good wishes to you!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:27:00 am  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday! Very cute picture.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:29:00 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Happy Birthday to you and many many more! Hope that you were spoilt rotten!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:43:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home