One Skein gifts

My One Skein gift arrived on Friday, the final part of the One Skein Exchange. On opening my parcel I was greeted by one of my very favourite scents, lavendar, mmm. My One Skein partner has now revealed herself to be Marilyn and her gift is this beautiful lace scarf. The colours are so pretty and the scarf feels very light and warm, it looks very chic tucked around my neck and I am particularly pleased with the lightness which makes it possible to wear it inside as well as out. Marilyn included a sachet of heavenly scented natural moth deterent and a lovely card. The scarf has been so beautifully knitted and finished and Marilyn has been a brilliant exchange partner, thank you so much Marilyn.

Work continues on the denim and I am pleased, or rather relieved, to say that the end is in sight. I am halfway up the final piece and then it's just borders and a collar. Unbelievable I ran out of the damned yarn this week, this sweater really hates me. I am so desperate to finish this that I am now knitting it with gritted teeth, in fact my teeth are barred just typing about it. There are so many new things I want to start and I'm so, so close. OK, back to the bloodstained, I mean denim stained, needles now.

Comments

Kathleen said…
Your scarf is really lovely. I'm amazed your exchange person could manange to get a whole scarf from one skein of yarn!
Charity said…
Beautiful scarf! What a nice gift :0)

I feel your pain in regards to the denim sweater. Sigh. You may feel like it will never end, but you're so close! Keep up the good work :0)
caroline said…
that scarf (the word scarf doesn't seem to do it justice) is gorgeous.

Lets hope for an autumn of mists and mellow fruitfulness so you can swathe it about yourself as you wander through the countryside.
Anonymous said…
i know what you're feeling about forcing yourself to finish something! thats why my green hoodie is still sitting at the side of my bed and socks keep getting worked on...i'm even coveting new sweater patterns but i won't let myself start them...
Alice said…
Ha ha. I did giggle when I read of your bloodstained needles but I honestly do sympathise. I know you don't have to knit this thing if you don't want, but the point is, you just have to complete it, just to feel like you won and you didn't let it beat you. Otherwise you'll be annoyed with yourself. These tasks we set for ourselves......Oh, how fab you'll feel when it's complete and looking SPLENDID.

Your scarf is beautiful, such pretty, delicate colours. Lovely.

Popular Posts