I finished two dresses for Tilly this week, the pattern came from this book (scroll down) and is incredibly simple, the bodice is half lined which worked brilliantly and looks very smart. Tilly is quite tall so I went for the larger size but this made the dress much too wide and I had to mess about quite a bit with alterations, never mind, I'll know next time to stick to the smaller size and just lengthen it.
For some reason I completed messed up the zip on the Amy Butler dress and it took me about 6 attempts to get it right, just not in the zone I think, I made the polka dot dress first and the zip went in perfectly first time. I have ordered some narrow velvet ribbon to trim the dresses which I think will provide the finishing touches. Please excuse the ill-matched tights, I was over ruled by the Mini Diva, she has some firm ideas on fashion already.
I am feeling incredibly thrifty now as the fabric is all from stash bought for pennies at Abakhan Fabrics which means that I get to buy something nice to reward my virtue, excuse me now, I am off to do some virtual shopping.