Sunshine and sewing

The glorious weather continues over here and we all feel warmed and energised by the sunshine. Being able to throw open the doors and windows of this small cottage and migrate to the garden makes such a difference to our wellbeing. The children and I love to be outdoors and we are so lucky to live surrounded by beautiful countryside, the adjoining woods and fields provide us with a giant adventure playground and it is so nice to see the children play happily with twigs, grass and earth.

Of course all this early warm weather has caused me to examine the wardrobes, children do have this habit of growing don't they? I have had flurry of sewing for Tilly, dresses are so simple, but I find boys things much harder to do so nothing for Dylan really but I have promised to let him help put together his very own quilt instead.



The linen dress above was so simple and I have been looking for suitable place for Toe Tapping Tilly, this seemed just right.



The daisy smock is finished too and I am pleased with the way it turned out although Picperfic just sent me this fantastic link which I am wishing I had seen before. Guess I will just have to make another something else to embellish then...



We are off on a short trip tomorrow, a visit to my home city, Belfast. Hoping for just a little more sunshine, please.

Comments

Thimbleanna said…
What an adorable use of those weewonderfuls! So Clever -- I wish I were your little girl!
picperfic said…
oh the pinny looks so cute, love your raggy daisy and that patch is just wonderful, who drew it?

Have a good time in Belfast, I love that city!!
Anonymous said…
Could that be any cuter? No, it most definitely could not! Adorable! Just adorable.
Anonymous said…
So beautiful. I love all the linen you're using lately.
Jenny said…
The little embroidered girl looks lovely.I don't think the pinnie needed the yoyos as well, save them for something else.
Flavaknits said…
The little pinafore is lovely especially with the little stitched girl! Have a lovely time in Belfast.
Di said…
The little dress is lovely! I bet your daughter will look great in it! I hope you got some sunshine in Belfast!
Stephanie said…
aaah so beautiful. your photos are so quiet and gentle and graceful.
Arianwen said…
That really is cute. love all of the embellishment! Looking forward to seeing you use the yo yos
Sweetpea4kids said…
What a beautiful dress. Your little girl will look gorgeous in it.
Anonymous said…
How darling!! I miss embroidering tiny treasures - I still have some Japanese transfer book I bought when I was about 12 - I think I will pull them out and post some pics of them - then I may even be inspired to copy your beautiful example!
Anonymous said…
That's so sweet!
And it is wonderful to be outside at last (smog warnings aside)
Anonymous said…
It's lovely Rebecca - and thanks for the Toe Tapping Tilly link, I feel a bit of embroidery coming on. Have a great time in Belfast !
The glorious weather continues over here and we all feel warmed and energised by the sunshine. Being able to throw open the doors and windows of this small cottage and migrate to the garden makes such a difference to our wellbeing.
best king duvet ,
colossal king duvet cover ,

Popular Posts