I have been tagged again, this time by Bethany, and I feel rather ashamed because I still haven't completed the last 3 or 4 tags. I find these really difficult and I cannot think why. I start to respond to them and then I overthink the darned thing and then I lie awake at night thinking about the darned thing and usually feel quite happy with the responses I come up with at 2am in the dark but they have left my mind by morning. This time I am just going to start writing and if I don't get to the end then so be it, here goes.
1. I was born in 1970 in Northern Ireland, that makes me a child of the Troubles. In 1977 I appeared in a television advert for peace, the slogan was "7 years is enough" and mine was one of the faces which the camera particularly honed in on. The cameras had come to school and I had no idea what they were doing which is probably why I was looking at the camera so much. Sadly the advert did nothing to avert The Troubles which continued for quite a few more years.
2. I can try on clothes really quickly, faster than any of my friends, this is because of fact number one. There is nothing like a bomb scare being announced while you are in you knickers to teach you to be quicker in changing rooms.
3. My little fingers bend inwards, my Nana had the same affliction and my son has it too.
4. As a student I had a number of temping jobs and on one occasion I was a postwoman, it was my worst job ever, the sack across my back was so heavy that when I bent down to one of those ground level letterboxes the weight of the sack toppled me over and I couldn't get up again. I rolled around on my back with my legs in the air for several minutes before I managed to undo the sack.
6. I cannot bear to have my hair stroked.
7. I was once really good at ballet, I have lots of trophies, medals and exam certificates. I wanted to go to ballet school from age 4 until age 14 and I could have gone at 11 but my parents wanted me to wait until 16. At age 14 I discovered boys and started skipping ballet. In spite of all this I am a pretty rubbish dancer nowadays with a distinct lack of rhythm which unfortunately in no way stops me dancing at parties.
8. I love to wear dresses. I wear trousers and skirts too but rarely jeans. I like dress up whenever possible and as I don't get out a great deal these days I just dress up to do the shopping. As I live in the country with dogs and children dressing up is not particularly practical but you only live once. The Technical Advisor thinks my clothes are becoming more eccentric and this does not bother me at all, in fact I am quite pleased. By the time I am 60 I plan to be really, really eccentric, I will wear purple hats whenever I please.
The pictures in this post were taken on a recent (rare this summer) sunny day at Shell Island, Llanbedr. I am not going to tag anyone because I am so late doing this that I think most people have done it already but if you would like to have a go then please do, I love reading tags, just find them difficult to do myself.