Thursday, October 07, 2010

Because you asked so nicely



I thought I would share my cookie recipe here. I have no more cookie photographs to share as the cookies are a long time gone.



But in keeping with the chocolate theme I thought I would photograph my sanity saver. The jar that I turn to when the pantry can provide me with no freshly baked treats.



My secret jar of Green & Black's chocolate spread. I eat it straight from the jar, just an occasional spoonful, every once in a while, to keep my strength up you know.



It is mine and mine alone. I eat it standing up which means the calories do not count. Now, without further ado:

Chocolate Chip Cookies

100g unsalted butter,at room temperature

85g caster sugar
85g soft brown sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla essence
175g plain flour

1/2tsp baking powder

1/4tsp salt

200g chocolate chips/chunks - sometimes I mix plain & milk, but mostly I use plain

  • Pre-heat oven @ 190' c/365' f/Gas 5
  • Beat together butter & sugar until creamy
  • Lightly whisk egg with vanilla and beat into butter mixture
  • Sift flour, baking powder and salt and add to mix
  • Mix in chocolate chunks
  • Form into walnut sized balls and place on lined baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Make a cup of coffee, sit down and enjoy. I often double the quantities shown here and freeze half of the dough, there is something very reassuring about knowing your have a batch of cookie dough in your freezer. The same cannot be said of the half empty packet of fish-fingers which surely lives in the freezer of even the very most domestic goddess like amongst us.


14 Comments:

Anonymous Laura said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing. I've been making the same peanut butter fudge cookies for awhile now -- definitely time to shake things up!

Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:31:00 pm  
Blogger kristina said...

Thank you so much! K x

Thursday, October 07, 2010 7:22:00 pm  
Anonymous Emma Lightfoot said...

They sound exactly what we need. By the way I have a special jar of Italian chocolate spread hidden as well - thanks for letting me know how to offset those calories!

Thursday, October 07, 2010 7:28:00 pm  
Blogger Jane said...

I keep a secret stash of M & M's just for me. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Thursday, October 07, 2010 7:56:00 pm  
Blogger Willow said...

Oh how I want a chocolate chip cookie now! I used to keep bags of chocolate chips around for me to dip in to 'occasionally'.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:11:00 pm  
Blogger silverpebble said...

This is bookmarked - thankyou!

As for that jar of brownish substance - I had no clue it existed. I'm so out of touch. It is now on the shopping list.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:17:00 pm  
Blogger Tabiboo said...

I can relate to that - I eat mine straight from the jar too, but tend to walk around the house and even a little jog up the stairs - spoon not in mouth though, bad mummy! - as I'm doing so - no guilt at all!

Nina xxx

Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:33:00 pm  
Blogger Bethany Hissong said...

My mouth is watering....

Thursday, October 07, 2010 11:43:00 pm  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, what IS this chocolate spread??? It looks yummy. I'm not a nutella fan because of the hazelnut flavor. Is this just a chocolate flavor, without the hazelnut bitterness?

Friday, October 08, 2010 2:06:00 am  
Blogger Amaranthine said...

I think I might stop at the shop on the way home from school. I'm sure my small helpers would love a bit of Friday afternoon baking.

Thank you.

P.S. How did the haircut go?

Friday, October 08, 2010 12:55:00 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

What a lovely recipe for me to try tomorrow! I needed a little comfort baking to cheer me up, thank you!
(My mouth is watering looking at that spoon in the chocolate spread...!)
Ali
x

Friday, October 08, 2010 6:43:00 pm  
Blogger Gina said...

Fish fingers I have in my freezer but cookie dough not. I'm rather taken with the idea of Green & Black's chocolate spread.

Saturday, October 09, 2010 7:33:00 pm  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

That bottle of choc spread looks so good! And, I will remember to eat my good stuff standing up - that's the best tip I've heard so far on making calories not count :)
Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Sunday, October 10, 2010 5:14:00 am  
Blogger TheMadHouse said...

Oh yummy, I will give them a try, I am still trying to find my feet whilst the boys are at school leaving me home alone

Monday, October 11, 2010 7:25:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home