Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Reaching the other side



So I limped my way through the end of last week, feeling very viral once again but in between running a temperature I managed odd bits of frantic sewing and preparing for Sunday's craft stall.



On Saturday as I sat shivering in the warmest sunshine we have had this year I really did wonder if The Technical Advisor might find himself standing in a marquis singing the praises of hand sewn hair slides and Liberty prints but around about 4pm adrenalin began to take over and much was suddenly achieved. I worked until late on Saturday night and went to bed with plenty of coughing.



Somehow, on Sunday morning I awoke buzzing and feeling good! The sun shone down and full of nerves I began to lay out my wares. I was surrounded by wonderful smells, there was bread and cheese. Pies and cakes. Gorgeous lotions and soaps, a stall full of beautiful greenery. There were tantalising sausages and curry to die for. Happy beef and of course there was Handmade at Poshyarns too.



I really was nervous, anxious that no one would buy, I wasn't sure that a Farmer's Market was even the right sort of venue for my first stall. But I need not of feared.



The people kept coming, hoards of them. There were cars parked right through the village and some of those people even bought my things!
Hurrah, hurrah, I was so very relieved, the atmosphere was full of friendly bustle and I certainly hope to be doing it all over again at the next Assington Farmers' Market. By 2pm it was all over, I was quickly packed up and by 2.30pm I was back at home, sipping G&T in the garden (this is a very local event for me!) , grinning from ear to ear and feeling as though I had most certainly reached the other side of my little mountain.






22 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

So pleased it went well - your banner is glorious and the stall looks totally irresistible - obviously the punters thought so too!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 4:36:00 pm  
Blogger dottycookie said...

Brilliant - well done you! Hope you're completely recovered now.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 4:37:00 pm  
Blogger Gigibird said...

I am so delighted you had such a positive experience.
Well done.
x

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:28:00 pm  
Blogger Cyb√®le said...

well done you! The photos look glorious.
Hope the virus has disappeared by now.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:32:00 pm  
OpenID frayedattheedge said...

Glad it all went well! I have a table at a 9very small) market day on Easter Saturday - hopefully I can sell the left over stuff from the cancelled Christmas Fair!!!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:05:00 pm  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

Well, congrats! It's a hard thing to do, your first stall but it sounds like it went brilliantly.
It also sounds like we have the same virus...ugh.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:21:00 pm  
Anonymous Caroline Saunders said...

Wow. The stall looks gorgeous. I'm currently debating doing a stand at our local summer fair and you have inspired me! Well done, hope you are feeling better! xx

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:25:00 pm  
Blogger Bethany Hissong said...

Congratulations Rebecca! I know what a big thing this was for you and I'm just so proud of you for doing it! Your table looks so charming and I adore those little toddler outfits! Now please take care of yourself-- you deserve a little rest now! xo

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:09:00 pm  
Blogger Robin said...

Wonderful! I'm so happy for you. I'm also envious of all those people who got to visit your stall. Your items are lovely.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:15:00 pm  
Anonymous lucy said...

I am so proudly of you for doing this fair so successfully! Wow, speechless indeed.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:55:00 pm  
Blogger Jo's Corner said...

Congratulations! It all looks so beautiful...your stall and the day.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:02:00 am  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Congratulations! It looks like you had a nice crowd.
I love your pretty display of all your cute wares and especially your "handmade at poshyarns" banner. It's all so pretty.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:41:00 am  
Blogger Jane said...

Well done, hope you are feeling better now, jane x

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:09:00 am  
Blogger kristina said...

Oh your stall looks wonderful! And so impressed with your stamina! Hope you're feeling 100% recovered now.

Any chance you'll be at the June market? If so, I'll try to convince G to make the drive down from Holt!

K x

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:28:00 am  
Blogger mooncalf said...

well done. Your stall does look lovely. It is great to hear you're having such success - very well done!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:48:00 am  
Blogger Magic Cochin said...

Looks like that was a resounding success then!

Why were you so worried?! It looks super fab wondeful!

Well done and here's to the next one!
Celia

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:51:00 am  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Fantastic! Your stall looks really beautiful and stylish, and I'm glad you did well. Now you've done one you'll be fine next time! Have a great week.
Helen x

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:39:00 am  
Blogger Louise said...

It all looks gorgeous (fantastic banner!). It's just the sort of stall that would make me go all tingly if I came upon it at at a fayre.
Louise
x

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:07:00 pm  
Blogger Gina said...

Congratualtions. It all looks fab and very professional. I love your banner too. Pleased you recovered in time and were well enough to celebrate afterwards with a G & T!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:00:00 pm  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

your table looks AWESOME!
yay. yay. YAY!!!
glad you are feeling better.
have a glorious weekend. xx

Friday, April 15, 2011 10:13:00 pm  
Blogger Jane said...

Congrats to you! I would have bought your whole table if I was there! I love it all!

Monday, April 25, 2011 2:21:00 pm  
Anonymous Alison Gorf said...

I am so glad it went well - it is always so nerve wracking doing your first event - mine was an Xmas craft fair lat year. I am very glad that you had a good time and your stall looks lovely.
Alison

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home