Thursday, June 16, 2011

Today I am

Enjoying:



a vase of daisies, self seeded they flourish in the long grass at the bottom of the garden.

Eating:



lemon cookies, lemon scented buttery shortbread style biscuits.

Drinking:



delicate, refreshing, white tea, from the Savoy, no less. A gift from my
dear friend Kate.

Sewing:



with grey linen, a departure yes, but I love it, seems to go with all my favourite Liberty prints.

Listening to:



the rain. So rarely heard these days, softly tip-tapping upon the skylight, awakening the scent of rose and honeysuckle through the open window.

What are you doing today?

10 Comments:

Blogger Shelley in SC said...

Sounds blissful. I could feel my shoulders relax just reading this!! Thanks for sharing a piece of your serenity : ).

Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:54:00 pm  
Blogger Pomona said...

Wearing a vest and running in and out with the washing? I think it was a mistake to turn the Aga off - it has made the weather turn cold!

Pomona x

Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:17:00 pm  
Blogger ::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

Sounds heavenly.
Ali x

Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:37:00 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

I am holding onto my sanity (I think) as my house-buying saga peaks and troughs - only without the peaks..... I would love to have your day instead!

Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:59:00 pm  
Anonymous Beth in Maryland said...

I'm at work! don't rub it in.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:55:00 pm  
OpenID frayedattheedge said...

I would rather have had your day - I worked my way through the ironing basket!

Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:55:00 pm  
Blogger Catherine said...

Rain rarely heard?!! I wish!! LOL!! Your day sounds lovely! Cx

Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:41:00 pm  
Blogger Nimblefingerssteadyeyebrows said...

Those lemon cookies look delicious, yum yum yum.

Friday, June 17, 2011 6:07:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

What a delightful post. Stunning photos. x

Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:52:00 am  
Blogger Denise | Chez Danisse said...

I like your daisies.

I am...
Eating Greek yogurt w/ blueberries & honey. Enjoying the sun filtering into the living area. Planning what's next.

Monday, June 20, 2011 4:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home